BUGHS LAKE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT (BLMD)
This website is developed for the property owners of the BLMD for the purpose of increasing the communication among the property owners and the district. All BLMD reports and important information is posted on this website. Any individuals in or outside the district that would like to be added to our mailing list, must contact the BLMD or any of the commissioners and provide their email address.
The website is for anyone interested in Bughs Lake located in Waushara County, Wisconsin. Here you can find information on how we enjoy our lake now and how we are protecting our lake into the future.
Bughs Lake is used by the residents and the public for all kinds of recreational activities. Some of the uses are:
- Sail boating
- Sail boarding
- Paddle boarding
- Ice fishing
Bughs Lake is a NO motor/NO wake lake. We also have posted a volunteer Catch and Release of all Northern Pike and Bass. Only electric motors are allowed, no combustion motors allowed.
The Bughs Lake Management District is responsible for the protection of our lake. We do that thru the methods listed below:
- Identify Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) and create a plan to eradicate or control them in our lake.
- Identify other Invasive Species that grow on our property and create a plan to eradicate them.
- Repair our shoreline to a healthy shoreline, with the support of our residents and the DNR.
- Protect our lake with trained volunteers in the Clean Boats / Clean Water project.
- Supply data by the trained Citizen Monitoring volunteers taking water samples and water clarity testing.
- Rebuild our fish population by fish planting and building of fish habitat.
- Working with the County of Waushara, City of Wautoma, Town of Wautoma, Town of Dakota, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and UW-Stevens Point to continue to develop ways to protect our lake.